The Olgisio Fortress is one of the most ancient and most impressive fortified complexes in the Piacenza territory, both because of its position overlooking the Tidone and Chiarone streams and because of its architecture.
According to some legends, a certain Giovannato, father of Saints Liberata and Faustina, was the lord of the Castle.
The first certain news about the Castel dates back to 1037, when the monks of San Savino became its owners, to whom it belonged until 1296.
From 1378 ownership of the Rocca d'Olgisio passed to the Dal Verme family until 1850, then to the Counts Zileri Dal Verme.
It's a complex defended by six orders of boundary walls and from 1979 the Castle has been owned by the Bengalli Family which with considerable efforts has managed to save what is called the most legendary and beautiful castle in the Province of Piacenza.